HeartCamp brings together speakers and participants from different walks of life to discuss all matters of the heart — the physical, emotional, spiritual and creative heart.
If you’re not familiar with the camp format, here’s a brief primer. To put it simply, it’s an open event in which participants provide content. This user-generated unconference is modeled after BarCamp, a technology-focused, international network of events successfully operating around the world since 2005. Camps are a great way of building community without the hassle of formal conference arrangements.
As described in the Wiki, BarCamp is …
… an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment.
… an intense event with discussions, demos and interaction from participants who are the main actors of the event.
So that’s our format. What are we going to discuss?
At HeartCamp, we treat the heart as the central core of what it means to be human. We create dialogue about everything that affects the heart, with emphasis on relationships of all kinds, including, but not limited to:
• Love and sex as well as one’s relationship with self
• Relationship to family, children, parents, pets, country and culture
• Professional relationships, heart connections to career and to money
• Relationship to the physical and spiritual heart, heart health and heart break
• Relationship to body, self-esteem, anxiety, addictions, grief
• Relationship to technology, medical heart technology, love in the age of the internet, the heart exposed
For those who don’t wish to speak, you are still a participant and as important as any speaker. This unconference is for YOU – simply observe or share in discussion, Q & A sessions and networking time. Register and enjoy!
Dig deeper into HeartCamp at our What To Expect page.